Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Family, friends mourn loss of Powell children

Family, friends mourn loss of Powell children
Charlie, 7, and Braden, 5, died in the tragedy

I first heard the news yesterday morning when I picked up the newspaper. When I arrived at my Advanced Print Reporting class, Professor Campbell announced that we were going to "swarm" the story - meaning we were going to cover this breaking news with an article for the Universe. I volunteered to write, others volunteered to interview different people, and we saw what we could accomplish in an hour. My classmate Rebecca finished writing the story when I had to go to work. She ended up writing most of it.

Sad news; good learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. The team put together a comprehensive snapshot of the tragedy.

    ReplyDelete